CIRCLE 2018 Participants: Meet Nataša Urban - "The Eclipse"
Nataša Urban is a documentary filmmaker and editor. Her films, such as Big Sister Punam and Journey of a Red Fridge (IDFA First Appearance Competition 2007, IDFA Top 25 Audience Favorites 2007), have been screened at over 100 international film festivals and have received 40 awards.
1. Introduce yourself please briefly and your project.
Natasa Urban, documentary director and editor working professionally since 2005.
The Eclipse traces my growing up in Serbia during the 1990’s and 2000’s.
2. What drew you to making The Eclipse?
It was born out of another project I was working on.
3. What was the biggest challenge in making this film?
I am still in the infancy phase of making this film.
4. Can you compare your experience at CIRCLE with other similar platforms that you have been part of?
More informal and laid back, great tutors, friendly atmosphere, supportive colleagues, great head of the workshop (Biljana) - intuitive, smart, observational.
5. What were the most important benefits from being part of CIRCLE project?
Meeting other participants and tutors.
6. What advice do you have for other (female) directors?
Bring projects that are in the later phase of development, rather than a project that is still at the level of an idea...
7. Name your favorite woman-directed film and why.
Bloody Mondays and Strawberry Pies by Coco Schrijber - great cinema
Shinjuku Boys by Kim Longinotto - great cinema